Lauren loves her individual false lashes almost as much as liquid eyeliner (which is a whole lot). And she should too – her eyes never look less than perfect. Recently she took to her nifty blog, the beauty department, to show us how to achieve this look all on our own.
- Individual Flare Lashes in Short, Medium or Long, or all three, depending on your own lash size; Lauren is using all Short lengths. You can also buy the Combo Pack that contains all three sizes to determine your length. Lashes can be found at your local chemist or department store. Mecca Cosmetica retail a great set too.
- Lash Glue (also can be found at any store listed above)
- Lash Comb or Disposable Mascara Wand
- Apply a coat of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Comb through any clumps. You can use a lash comb or disposable mascara wand.
- Dab a small amount of lash glue on the back of your hand.
- Wait two full minutes for it to get tacky. This is the most important step NOT TO SKIP! If you don’t wait a few minutes, the glue will be slippery and the lashes will turn on their sides, facing unnatural directions. Not pretty! I usually apply the dab of glue before applying mascara, so I have something to do while I’m waiting.
- With tweezers or your fingers, apply one lash at a time on top of your own lashes. Because the glue is now tacky, you can literally plop each lash into place by merely laying it directly on top of your own lashes. You can play around with spacing, but I like them all side by side in a row, one millimeter apart from each other for fullness.
- Secure the lashes by tapping them with your finger. This step ensures that each lash is pressed against your skin and will last for hours.
- Wait five minutes for the lashes to dry, then add another coat of mascara. Don’t be worried that the mascara wand will pull/turn the faux lashes… they are glued in at this point and won’t move.
Video + Steps courtesy of the beauty department